Thursday, January 6

What more do you want?

There was this old man with an unshakeable faith in God. He prayed everyday and felt if anything were to happen, God would take care of him.

One day, it started to rain, and the man's village flooded and everybody hurried to escape the raging waters. Some folks drove by the old man's house, urging him to go with them to safety.

Unmoved, his reply was, "The Lord will save me."

The rain kept falling and soon the old man had to go up to the second floor of his house to stay dry. A boat came by and the people urged him to climb aboard to head for safety.

Again, he refused, "Thank you kindly, but the Lord will save me."

More rain fell, and the old man had to head up his roof for safety. A helicopter flew by and the pilot shouted down, "I'll toss you a line and we'll hoist you up."

Still, he refused, "Bless you, but any minute now, the Lord will do something and I will be saved."

Within minutes, the water rose up and flushed the old man out to sea where he drowned. He went to Heaven where he met the Lord.

"You are not supposed to be here!" said the Lord. "It's not your time. What are you doing here?"

The old man replied, "I believed in You. I thought you would save me and I waited and waited but You never came. What happened?"

To this God replied, "I sent you a car, a boat and a helicopter. What more do you want?"

No comments: