Wednesday, January 5

Take time out to regret your career choice

Funny how true this statement rings, cos here I am, in the midst of a career change, struggling to reach the other side of the field. Often, I have difficulty sleeping and dreams of my incompetence haunt me till deep in the break of day. The deadline of 3 months that I have set for myself is coming to an end and by February, I need to have a job in the ad industry. I must have.

I am working part-time in a local book store now, and often, ex-colleagues would wander into the store to do browsing and occasionally buy something. When they see me behind the cashier ringing up their purchases, their responses have been universal, twisted eyebrows and a slightly dropped jaw mixed with a sense of bewilderment and an unspoken thought of "What are you doing here? Why think you are too good for a bank job izit?"

It stings me.

No comments: