Saturday, March 19

x-filey crap

Came across this old bits of dialogue on X-files. Lol for Thomas Crapper

Scully (picking up the phone): Mulder, are you okay?
Mulder: I can't sleep.
Scully: What happened out at the USDA site?
Mulder: They're conducting legitimate experiments. I met an entomologist, a Dr. Berenbaum, who agrees with your theory of an accidental importation of a new cockroach.
Scully: Did he give you any idea of how to catch them?
Mulder: No... but she did tell me everything else there was to know about insects.
Scully: ...She?
Mulder: Yeah, did you know that the ancient Egyptians worshipped the scarab beetle and possibly erected the pyramids to honour them? Which may be giant symbolic dung heaps?
Scully: Did you know the inventor of the flush toilet was named Thomas Crapper?
Mulder: Bambi also has a theory I've never come across...
Scully: Who?
Mulder: Dr. Berenbaum... Anyway her theory is...
Scully: Her name is Bambi?
Mulder: Yeah, both her parents were naturalists. Her theory is that UFOs are actually nocturnal insect swarms passing through electrical air fields.
Scully: Her name is Bambi?
Mulder: Scully, can I confess something to you?
Scully (not quite sure what she's getting herself into): Yeah, sure, okay...
Mulder: I hate insects.
Scully: You know lots of people are afraid of insects, Mulder. It's a natural instinctive...
Mulder: No, no, no. I'm not afraid of them. I hate them. One day, back when I was a kid, I was climbing this tree when I noticed this leaf walking towards me. It took forever for me to realise that it was no leaf.
Scully: A praying mantis?
Mulder: Yeah, I had a praying mantis epiphany and as a result, I screamed. And not... not a girlie scream, but the scream of someone being confronted by some before unknown monster that had no right existing on the same planet I inhabited. Did you ever notice how a praying mantis' head resembles an alien's head? The mysteries of the natural world were revealed to me that day but instead of being astounded I was repulsed.
Scully: Mulder, are you sure it wasn't a girlie scream?

No comments: