Monday, March 14

Do you constipate?

If you have less than 4 bowel activities in a week, you have constipation. Your stool is hard and dry and sometimes it hurts. Rumour has it that you might even bleed.

Unknown to many, constipation is a moving moment. Song writers have been touched to tears by their own conditions that they wrote a song on it.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins wrote and sang "Constipation Blues" while suffering a serious bout. He had the following to say about the condition.

"I never before had been constipated in my life and it didn't dawn on me until I was five hours on the stool in the hospital that nothin' was gonna happen. I had doctors give me enemas and still nothin' happened. I had tears in my eyes, and I noticed this beautiful roll of toilet paper and I took out a pencil and, at the bottom of the toilet paper, I started writin' the song backwards, from the bottom up. The more I rolled out the toilet paper, the more I got into the song. I wrote exactly as I felt, each movement, each sound, each pain..."

All I can think of is... ouch...

No comments: