Sunday, January 1

Have you set a deadline to give up?

I got the above question quite a few times in 2005. I don't have a definite answer, and I feel uncomfortable taking the question. I would give a vague reply, something like: Not yet.

This morning, being the first day of 2006 and all, I gave it a little thought. Then I realised why I felt uneasy with the question. It was because I've never thought about it before. Why should I give myself a deadline to do something I won't do at all? I will not give up.

And to those who asked this question before, let me ask you back. Why do you think I should set a deadline to give up? Because you think I'm wasting my time on an empty dream? Because you think I don't have what it takes? Or what? Why do you think I should give up?

1 comment:

Cyrus said...

Why should you give up? Why? You shouldn't. The only day you do that is when you no longer believe in this dream. Do you?

Instead, focus on homing your skills and knowledge necessary to make that dream come through.

You already accomplish the first step; which is to have a goal. Many don't even come close to this. The second part lies in execution. Believe and execute accordingly.

You will get there.